Delivering a quality care service
Homecare UK aims to deliver a service of care that is not only appropriate to the individual service user but is also of the highest standard possible. We have in place an annual self assessment procedure that enables us to maintain our own high expecting standards, policies and working practices.
In order to make sure that we maintain and improve our quality of home care provision we use various methods of Quality Assurance. Included in this process are:
- We have in place a BS EN: IS09001:2008 Certified Quality Management System that is externally assessed against British Standards annually.
- We are an Investor In People organisation and we commit to the cycle of contious improvement following the IIP framework.
- Our quality statement, polices and procedures are communicated to our staff, customers, services users and commissioners.
- Standards are clearly defined and monitored on a continuous basis by care/support staff and the managers of Homecare UK.
- Standards set out by our regulatory body (Care Quality Commission) are incorporated into our quality assurance system.
- Regular consultation with our service users. This will include an annual, and regular survey to obtain their views and opinions of the service and an annual review of the ‘service user plan’. These visits will be undertaken by a member of the management team.
- Partnership working with all relevant others (professionals, family members or representatives) to ensure continuity of care.
- Rigorous and careful recruitment of the very best care staff.
- Regular supervision and appraisal meetings between care/support workers and the registered manager. This will enable us to highlight any further training/ development needs and to assess continuing performance.
- Regular staff meetings. This will ensure effective communication whereby all care workers will be made aware of the high standards that are expected.
- Annual reviews of our service will be published and made available to our service users, their families or representatives, and all other stakeholders in the company.
Our quality assurance framework relies on the thankful feedback and comments from our service users and their friends and family. We value what they have to say about the care they receive and the service we provide.
The information they provide us with helps us to continually improve the service we offer.